Monday 27 October 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Le Bon and Manu Katché.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Mon Oncle, directed by Jacques Tati, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Affluent Society by John Kenneth Galbraith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 27 October 1958 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Simon Le Bon: English musician, best known as the lead singer, lyricist and musician of the band Duran Duran (since 1978) and its offshoot, Arcadia (1985–1986).
- Manu Katché: French jazz-rock musician of Ivorian origin.
- Lee Carter: American lawyer and judge.
- David Hazeltine: American pianist and composer.
- Felix Wurman: American cellist and composer (Born 1958).
- Gen Ayub Khan succeeds Iskander Mirza as President of Pakistan
- WEDU TV channel 3 in Tampa-St Petersburg, Florida (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Iskander Mirza, the first President of Pakistan, is deposed in a bloodless coup d'etat by General Ayub Khan, who had been appointed the enforcer of martial law by Mirza 20 days earlier.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?