Sunday 19 October 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antoine Trousers and John Bloom [Joe Bob Briggs].
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1958 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Antoine Trousers: Rock drummer / singer (Dike-Bleeding Heart).
- John Bloom [Joe Bob Briggs]: Drive-in movie critic.
- Dario Franceschini: Italian writer and politician, elected leader of the Democratic Party in early 2009.
- Roberto Malandrino: Italian comedian, half of the duo 'Malandrino e Veronica' (with Paolo Maria Veronica).
- Lou Briel: Puerto Rican singer-songwriter pianist producer and actor.
- Carolyn Browne: English diplomat British Ambassador to Kazakhstan
- Hiromi Hara: Japanese footballer and manager
- Tiriel Mora: Australian actor
- Michael Steele: American journalist and politician 7th Lieutenant Governor of Maryland
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Earl Grant - The End
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Roger Williams - Near You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?