Tuesday 7 October 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Morris and Judy Landers.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The New Testament In Modern English by J.B. Phillips was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frances Farmer Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1958 ?
- Kim Morris: San Diego, California -- Playmate (Mar, 1986).
- Judy Landers: American actress.
- Sunnyi Melles: Luxembourg-born German actress.
- Timothy Ackroyd: English actor.
- US manned space-flight project renamed Project Mercury.
- Potter Stewart appointed to US Supreme Court.
- President of Pakistan Iskander Mirza, with the support of General Ayub Khan and the army, suspends the 1956 constitution, imposes martial law, and cancels the elections scheduled for January 1959.
- The U.S. manned space-flight project is renamed Project Mercury.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
- Roger Williams - Near You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?