Thursday 29 April 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sterling Hitchcock in Fayetteville and Tamara Johnson-George.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Billy Jack, directed by T.C. Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1971 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Sterling Hitchcock in Fayetteville: North Carolina, USA; pitcher (New York Yankees, Seattle Mariners).
- Tamara Johnson-George: American singer and actress (SWV).
- Sam Michael: Australian engineer.
- Siniša Vuco: Croatian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Živo blato).
- Bill Graham closes down Fillmore and Fillmore East
- Boeing receives contract for Mariner 10, Mercury exploration.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Bolivia nationalizes the American-owned Matilde zinc mine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Bread - If
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?