Wednesday 14 April 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gregory Zaun in Glendale and Antonio London.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Summer of '42, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bearcats!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1971 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Gregory Zaun in Glendale: California, USA; catcher (Baltimore Orioles).
- Antonio London: NFL linebacker (Detroit Lions).
- Peter Gibson: American writer.
- Gutsy : French beatmaker, producer of hip-hop and funk music, and a founding member of Alliance Ethnik.
- Michele Politano: Italian homicide: he and his wife Laura killed their baby in a Satanic ritual to rid her of possession by the devil on 9/12/1994.
- Faith Salie: TV Actress
- Heather Thomson: Reality Star
- Miguel Calero: Colombian footballer and manager (d. 2012)
- Carlos Pérez: Dominican-American baseball player
- Gregg Zaun: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Armand Spitz: developer of small educational planetarium, dies.
- Supreme Court upheld busing as means of achieving racial desegregation
- Fort Point, San Francisco dedicated as a national historic site.
- US Supreme Court upholds busing as means of achieving racial desegregation.
- US President Richard Nixon ends blockade against People's Republic of China.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Brewer & Shipley - One Toke Over The Line
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?