Thursday 29 December 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Drew Hartt in Calgary and Bruce Bulina in Vancouver.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Apropos Film.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1966 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Drew Hartt in Calgary: Alberta, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (1995 Desert Tour).
- Bruce Bulina in Vancouver: British Columbia, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (1990 Alberta Open).
- Laurent Boudouani: French boxer, the son of Algerian parents.
- Jason Gould: American actor and noted family, the son of Barbra Streisand and her husband Elliot Gould.
- Stefano Eranio: Italian footballer and coach.
- Martin Offiah: English rugby player and sportscaster
- Pirate Radio Phoenix, 1st transmission (Worcester, Massachusetts)
- The Beatles start the recording session that would become the hit single Penny Lane at Abbey Road Studio.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 December 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- The Temptations - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Tom Jones - Green Green Grass Of Home
- The Beatles - Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out
- The Spencer Davis Group - Keep On Running
- Val Doonican - What Would I Be
- Cliff Richard - Wind Me Up (Let Me Go)
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The Seekers - Morningtown Ride
- The Seekers - The Carnival Is Over
- The Walker Brothers - My Ship Is Coming In
- The Small Faces - My Mind's Eye
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?