Thursday 22 December 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel ''Schmier'' Schirmer and Alex Baroni.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1966 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Marcel ''Schmier'' Schirmer: German singer and bassplayer (Destruction).
- Alex Baroni: Italian singer and songwriter who reached fame and acclaim late in life.
- Dmitry Bilozerchev: Russian gymnast and coach.
- Sayuri Kokushō: Japanese actress and singer.
- Marcel Schirmer: German singer-songwriter and bass player (Destruction).
- David Wright: English lawyer and politician
- WCVW TV channel 57 in Richmond, VA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Prime Minister Ian Smith declares that Rhodesia is already a republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
- The Temptations - (I Know) I'm Losing You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?