Wednesday March 29, 1972
US date format: 3/29/1972, UK date format: 29/3/1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 29, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Michel Ancel and Sam Hazeldine.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
The Chinese Connection, directed by Wei Lo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Blue Knight by Joseph Wambaugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Number 96.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 29, 1972?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 29, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Donny Osmond - Puppy Love
- Paul Simon - Mother And Child Reunion
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Nilsson - Without You
- The Chakachas - Jungle Fever
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 29If March 29, 1972 is your birthday you're 48 years, 5 months, 25 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 6 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1972?
- LIFE: Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem AbdulJabbar basketball
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Gov. George Wallace -- Mar. 27, 1972
- SportsIllustrated: Sports Illustrated: no.8273
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?