Friday March 24, 1972
US date format: 3/24/1972, UK date format: 24/3/1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 24, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Christophe Dugarry and Steve Karsay.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Without You by Nilsson was in the top 5 hits.
The Chinese Connection, directed by Wei Lo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Number 96.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 24, 1972?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Great Britain imposes direct rule over Northern Ireland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 24, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Denise LaSalle - Now Run And Tell That
- Isaac Hayes - Do Your Thing
- Tyrone Davis - I Had It All The Time
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- James Brown - King Heroin
- The Honey Cone - The Day I Found Myself
- James Brown - Talking Loud And Saying Nothing - Part I
- The Soul Children - Hearsay
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 24If March 24, 1972 is your birthday you're 48 years, 5 months, 27 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 4 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1972?
- LIFE: Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem AbdulJabbar basketball
- Time: Sculpture by Stanley Glaubach
- SportsIllustrated: Sports Illustrated: no.8272
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?