Thursday April 30, 1964
US date format: 4/30/1964, UK date format: 30/4/1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 30, 1964). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Alec Douglas-Home (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Reboulet and Jordi Pigem.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
Black God, White Devil, directed by Glauber Rocha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while Beat The Dealer by Edward O. Thorp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Another World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 30, 1964?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 30, 1964?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- Marvin Gaye - You're A Wonderful One
- The Temptations - The Way You Do The Things You Do
- The Impressions - I'm So Proud
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo & Juliet
- Irma Thomas - Wish Someone Would Care
- Major Lance - The Matador
- Lenny Welch - Ebb Tide
- The Vibrations - My Girl Sloopy
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 30If April 30, 1964 is your birthday you're 56 years, 3 months, 16 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 15 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free