Tuesday 30 April 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Marsh (director) and Michael Waltrip.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Sanjuro, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Whole Truth And Nothing But by Hedda Hopper was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1963!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 April 1963 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- James Marsh (director)
- Michael Waltrip: American race car driver.
- Steve Smith in Glasgow: Scotland; NHL defenseman (Chicago Blackhawks).
- Daniel Hanssens: Belgian actor, producer, and lecturer at the Royal Conservatory of Brussels.
- Andrew Carwood: English tenor and conductor.
- Bryant Washburn: Actor (Nabonga, Millionaire Kid), dies at 74.
- The Bristol Bus Boycott is held in Bristol to protest the Bristol Omnibus Company's refusal to employ Black or Asian bus crews, drawing national attention to racial discrimination in the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Drifters - On Broadway
- Mongo Santamaria Band - Watermelon Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?