Tuesday 14 April 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Grabb and Allen James in Sacramento.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
The Life of Oharu, directed by Kenji Mizoguchi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocambole.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1964 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Jim Grabb: Tucson, Arizona -- Tennis star.
- Allen James in Sacramento: California, USA; 50km walker (Olympics-24th-1992, 1996).
- Jim Grabb in Tucson: Arizona, USA; tennis star.
- Brian Adams: Wrestler.
- Jeff Andretti: American race car driver.
- Greg Battle: Canadian Football League linebacker (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Gina McKee: English actress
- Sandy Koufax throws his 9th complete game without allowing a walk.
- The Rolling Stones release their debut album, ''The Rolling Stones''.
- Sentences totalling 307 years are passed on 12 men who stole £2.6m in used bank notes, after holding up the night mail train travelling from Glasgow to London in August 1963 – a heist that became known as the Great Train Robbery.
- In the United States, the Ford Mustang is officially unveiled to the public.
- Shea Stadium opens in Flushing, New York.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 April 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?