Thursday 30 September 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adita Linares .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Marathon Man, directed by John Schlesinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Ordinary People by Judith Guest was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candy Candy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barricade or Dukedom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1976!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1976 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Adita Linares: Miami, Florida -- Spanish actress (Clueless, Cookie).
- Louis Fourestier: French musician, a composer, conductor and teacher.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- War - Summer
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Orleans - Still The One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?