Thursday 16 September 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andres Javier in Blazquez and Elīna Garanča.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Bugsy Malone, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Touch Not The Cat by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching That's Cat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sprint 2 or The Amazing Maze Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1976!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1976 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Andres Javier in Blazquez: Puerto Rico; singer (Menudo-Cannonball).
- Elīna Garanča: Latvian soprano.
- Tina Barrett: English singer-songwriter dancer and actress (S Club).
- Greg Buckner: American basketball player and coach.
- Egypt President Sadat re-elected
- Episcopal Church approves ordination of women as priests and bishop.
- Shavarsh Karapetyan saves 20 people from the trolleybus that had fallen into Erevan reservoir.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- War - Summer
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?