Tuesday 14 September 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeremy Dunham and Agustin Calleri.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Bugsy Malone, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Fire And Ice by Andrew Tobias was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching That's Cat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Breakout or Heavyweight Champ.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1976!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1976 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- War - Summer
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?