Thursday 31 December 1953, NewYear’s Eve
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Remar in Boston and Jane Badler in Brooklyn.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Spike Jones Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1953 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- James Remar in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actor (48 Hours, Rent-a-Cop, The Cotton Club).
- Jane Badler in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Fine Gold, Easy Kill, V).
- James Remar: American actor, best known for his portrayals of psychopaths and villains.
- Jane Badler: American actress and singer.
- Michael Hedges: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1997).
- Trevor Phillips: English broadcaster and politician
- Hulan Jack sworn in as Manhattan Borough President
- Willie Shoemaker shatters record, riding 485 winners in a year
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 December 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?