Wednesday 30 December 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel T Barry and Diego Della Valle.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Too Late The Phalarope by Alan Paton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Spike Jones Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1953 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Daniel T Barry: Norwalk, Connecticut -- PhD / MD / Astronaut (STS 72).
- Diego Della Valle: Italian designer of high fashion, a clothing industrialist.
- Meredith Vieira: TV Show Host.
- Daniel Barry: American engineer and astronaut.
- Bill Kazmaier: American strongman and wrestler.
- Dana Key: American singer guitarist and producer (DeGarmo and Key) (d. 2010)
- Graham Vick: English director and producer
- The first colour television sets go on sale for about $1,175 (American dollars).
- The Japanese 10 yen coin is issued with serrated edges for a 5-year period, beginning in 1953. All 10 yen coins since have had smooth edges.
- Heavy massive rain, landslides, and flooding in western and southwestern Japan kill an estimated 2,566, and injure 9,433, mainly at Kizugawa, Wakayama, Kumamoto and Kitakyushu (June–August).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?