January 1927 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in January 1927.
The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Stanley Baldwin (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on January 1927: find out below
Which were the important events of January 1927?
- 01 Jan 1927 Dodgers announce release of future Hall of Fame Zack Wheat
- 02 Jan 1927 Angered by the anti-clerical provisions of the Mexican Constitution of 1917, Catholic rebels in Mexico rebelled against the government.
- 05 Jan 1927 Fox Studios exhibits Movietone
- 06 Jan 1927 US marines are sent to Nicaragua.
- 07 Jan 1927 Harlem Globetrotters play first basketball game (Hinckley, Illinois).
- 09 Jan 1927 A fire at the Laurier Palace movie theatre in Montreal, Quebec, kills 78 children.
- 11 Jan 1927 Royale Theater (Golden, CBS Radio Playhouse) opens at 242 W 45th, New York City
- 13 Jan 1927 US and Mexico battle over oil interests.
- 14 Jan 1927 Toronto Maple Leafs 1st hat trick (Hap Day) vs. New York Rangers
- 15 Jan 1927 Teddy Wakelam gives the first sports commentary on BBC Radio.
- 19 Jan 1927 British government decides to send troops to China.
- 21 Jan 1927 First national opera broadcast from a US opera house (Faust, Chicago Illinois).
- 22 Jan 1927 First live radio commentary of a football match anywhere in the world, between Arsenal F.C. and Sheffield United at Highbury.
- 27 Jan 1927 Harlem Globetrotters play their 1st game
- 28 Jan 1927 Serbian-Croatian-Slavic government of Oezonowitsj falls.
- 29 Jan 1927 4th German government of Wilhelm Marx forms.
- 30 Jan 1927 Right-wing veterans and the ''Republican Schutzbund'' clash in Schattendorf, Burgenland, Austria. One man and a child are killed by gunshots (see July 15).
- 31 Jan 1927 International allies' military command in Germany disbands.
French dancer, choreographer, ballet and opera director; his style incorporates an eclectic blend of jazz, avant-garde music and...
- See more
British / German race theorist, dies at 71.
Princess of Belg / emp of Mexico (1864-67), dies at 86.
Composer, dies at 64.
German physicist (Born 1856).
- See more