Sunday 30 January 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bendapudi Venkata Satyanarayana and T Davis.
The War Horse, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Doomsday by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1927 ?
- Bendapudi Venkata Satyanarayana: Indian dermatologist (d. 2005).
- T Davis: American astrologer, teacher, lecturer and author, T. Pat was devoted to research, spending long hours in tireless study of the combination of heliocentric and geocentric astrology, taking the unconventional approach of combining the two.
- Robert Goossens: French jewellery designer who blended artificial and semi-precious gems for his famous clients including Coco Chanel, Cristóbal Balenciaga, Yves Saint Laurent, Madame Gres and Christian Dior.
- Olof Palme: Swedish attorney and politician, the P.M.
- Ahmed Abdul-Malik: American bassist and oud player (d. 1993).
- Friedrich Ernst Koch: Composer, dies at 64.
- Right-wing veterans and the ''Republican Schutzbund'' clash in Schattendorf, Burgenland, Austria. One man and a child are killed by gunshots (see July 15).
- February ndash Werner Heisenberg formulates his famous uncertainty principle while employed as a lecturer at Niels Bohr's Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of Copenhagen.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?