Sunday 30 January 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 30, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Olof Palme and Ahmed Abdul-Malik.
The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 January 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1927 ?
- Olof Palme: Swedish attorney and politician, the P.M.
- Ahmed Abdul-Malik: American bassist and oud player (d. 1993).
- Jean-Pierre Rey
- T Pat Davis
- Danielle Godet
- T Davis: American astrologer, teacher, lecturer and author, T. Pat was devoted to research, spending long hours in tireless study of the combination of heliocentric and geocentric astrology, taking the unconventional approach of combining the two.
- Bendapudi Venkata Satyanarayana: Indian dermatologist (d. 2005).
- Robert Goossens: French jewellery designer who blended artificial and semi-precious gems for his famous clients including Coco Chanel, Cristóbal Balenciaga, Yves Saint Laurent, Madame Gres and Christian Dior.
- Friedrich Ernst Koch: Composer, dies at 64.
- Right-wing veterans and the ''Republican Schutzbund'' clash in Schattendorf, Burgenland, Austria. One man and a child are killed by gunshots (see July 15).
- February ndash Werner Heisenberg formulates his famous uncertainty principle while employed as a lecturer at Niels Bohr's Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of Copenhagen.