Monday 24 January 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert J Lafortune and Antonio Ruberti.
Upstream, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1927 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Robert J Lafortune
- Antonio Ruberti: Italian politician, Government minister 7/29/1987.
- Gilbert Lelord
- Pierre Guillen: French trade unionist, one of the main leaders of the Industrial and Metal Trades Union (UIMM) from 1984 to 1995, who died on 2 July 2008.
- Robert Lafortune: American politician, engineer and self-made man.
- Marvin Kaplan: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Patrick Macnaghten: 11th Baronet Scottish lieutenant (d. 2007).
- Paula Hawkins American politician (Senator-Republican-Florida: 1981-86).
- Sir Patrick Macnaghten: 11th Baronet, British aristocrat (d. 2007).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?