Sunday 9 January 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rodolfo Walsh and Sunderlal Bahuguna.
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1927 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Rodolfo Walsh: Argentinian writer and political activist, considered the founder of investigative journalism.
- Sunderlal Bahuguna: Indian environmentalist.
- A fire at the Laurier Palace movie theatre in Montreal, Quebec, kills 78 children.
- A military rebellion is crushed in Lisbon, Portugal.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 January 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?