Wednesday 26 January 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Le Mouël and Jose Azcona del Hoyo.
The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1927 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- François Le Mouël
- Jose Azcona del Hoyo: President of Honduras (d. 2005).
- Bob Nieman: American baseball player, a right-handed outfielder who played with the St. Louis Browns (1951-1952), Detroit Tigers (1953-1954), Chicago White Sox (1955-1956), Baltimore Orioles (1956-1959), St. Louis Cardinals (1960-1961), Cleveland Indians (1961-1962), San Francisco Giants (1962), and Chunichi Dragons (1963) (NPB).
- Vic Mees: Belgium sport Champion.
- William Redfield in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Jimmy Hughes Rookie Cop, Marriage).
- William Redfield: Actor (Jimmy Hughes Rookie Cop), dies at 48.
- Hubert Schieth: German footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- José del Hoyo: Honduran businessman and politician President of Honduras (d. 2005).