Wednesday 26 January 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Redfield in New York City and Jose Azcona del Hoyo.
Upstream, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1927 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- William Redfield in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Jimmy Hughes Rookie Cop, Marriage).
- Jose Azcona del Hoyo: President of Honduras (d. 2005).
- Bob Nieman: American baseball player, a right-handed outfielder who played with the St. Louis Browns (1951-1952), Detroit Tigers (1953-1954), Chicago White Sox (1955-1956), Baltimore Orioles (1956-1959), St. Louis Cardinals (1960-1961), Cleveland Indians (1961-1962), San Francisco Giants (1962), and Chunichi Dragons (1963) (NPB).
- Vic Mees: Belgium sport Champion.
- José del Hoyo: Honduran businessman and politician President of Honduras (d. 2005).
- William Redfield: Actor (Jimmy Hughes Rookie Cop), dies at 48
- Hubert Schieth: German footballer and manager (d. 2013)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?