November 1964 calendar

November 1964

Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in November 1964.
The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.

But much more happened on November 1964: find out below


Historical Events

Which were the important events of November 1964?


  • 01 Nov 1964 Vietcong-assault on airport Bien Hoa at Saigon
  • 02 Nov 1964 CBS purchases 80% of Yanks for $11,200,000, later buys remaining 20%
  • 03 Nov 1964 LBJ (D) soundly defeats Barry Goldwater (R) for President
  • 05 Nov 1964 US launches Mariner 3 toward Mars; no data returned.
  • 06 Nov 1964 WEIQ TV channel 42 in Mobile, AL (PBS) begins broadcasting
  • 08 Nov 1964 IMF grants Great Britain credit of $1 billion
  • 09 Nov 1964 Comedy in Music-Opus 2 opens at John Golden NYC for 192 performances
  • 10 Nov 1964 Braves sign a 25-year lease to play in the new Atlanta stadium
  • 12 Nov 1964 Jean becomes Grand Duke of Luxembourg
  • 13 Nov 1964 Pope Paul VI gives tiara to poor
  • 14 Nov 1964 Fade Out-Fade In closes at Mark Hellinger NYC after 199 performances
  • 15 Nov 1964 Ajax soccer star Johan Cruijff debuts against GVAV
  • 16 Nov 1964 Radio CJCX Sydney Nova Scotia (Canada) starts shortwave transmission
  • 17 Nov 1964 British Labour Party installs weapon embargo against South Africa
  • 18 Nov 1964 Baltimore Oriole Brooks Robinson wins AL MVP
  • 19 Nov 1964 The United States Department of Defense announces the closing of 95 military bases and facilities, including the Brooklyn Navy Yard, the Brooklyn Army Terminal, and Fort Jay, New York.
  • 21 Nov 1964 Zizi opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 49 performances
  • 22 Nov 1964 Lyndon Baines Johnson sworn in as 36th US President
  • 23 Nov 1964 Bajour opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 232 performances
  • 24 Nov 1964 30th Heisman Trophy Award: John Huarte, Notre Dame
  • 27 Nov 1964 Cold War: Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru appeals to the United States and the Soviet Union to end nuclear testing and to start nuclear disarmament, stating that such an action would ''save humanity from the ultimate disaster''.
  • 28 Nov 1964 52nd CFL Grey Cup: BC Lions defeats Hamilton Tiger-Cats, 34-24
  • 29 Nov 1964 Roman Catholic Church in US replaces Latin with English.
  • 30 Nov 1964 USSR launches Zond 2 towards Mars; no data returned

Famous Birthday

Famous Deaths

vinyl songs

Music charts

Which were the top hits in November 1964?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial

Top #5 songs in the USA

  1. - Baby Love
  2. - Leader Of The Pack
  3. - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
  4. - Last Kiss
  5. - Come A Little Bit Closer

Top #5 songs in the UK

  1. - Oh Pretty Woman
  2. - Baby Love
  3. - I'm Into Something Good
  4. - He's In Town
  5. - (There's) Always Something There To Remind Me


Which were the most popular Movies released in that month?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial

Father Goose

Father Goose

Release year: 1964

Directed by: Ralph Nelson

Starring: Cary Grant, Leslie Caron, Trevor Howard, Jack Good

Country: United States of America

36 Hours

36 Hours

Release year: 1964

Directed by: George Seaton

Starring: James Garner, Eva Marie Saint, Rod Taylor, Werner Peters

Goodbye Charlie

Goodbye Charlie

Release year: 1964

Directed by: Vincente Minnelli

Starring: Tony Curtis, Debbie Reynolds, Pat Boone, Joanna Barnes

Apache Rifles

Apache Rifles

Release year: 1964

Directed by: William Witney

Starring: Audie Murphy, Michael Dante, Linda Lawson, L.Q. Jones

Pajama Party

Pajama Party

Release year: 1964

Directed by: Don Weis

Starring: Tommy Kirk, Annette Funicello, Elsa Lanchester, Harvey Lembeck


Which were the most popular books released in November 1964?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free

The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss

The Rector Of Justin


The RECTOR of JUSTIN is a Louis Auchincloss novel. It centers on Frank Prescott who founded a school for boys. Six narrators provide unique perspectives on Prescott's life, including his motivations and the causes of his successes and failures. They …

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold


Viking will release The Pigeon Tunnel in September 2016. This 50th anniversary edition of John le Carrre's bestselling novel launched John le Carrre's career internationally. Alec Leamas watches while his last agent is killed by East German sentries.

A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway

A Moveable Feast



A Mother'S Kisses by Bruce Jay Friedman

A Mother'S Kisses


1964, 1st Nr New In Nr New DJ

A Pennant For The Kremlin by Paul Molloy

A Pennant For The Kremlin


Armand Hammer, perhaps, is a wealthy American. A wealthy American (Armand Hammer, perhaps) is offended by a particularly hostile cold-war speech. He decides to give everything to the Kremlin.