Sunday 1 November 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Williams and Joe Leste in San Diego.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Profiles in Courage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1964!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1964 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Eddie Williams: Sheveport, Louisiana -- Infielder (Detroit Tigers).
- Joe Leste in San Diego: California, USA; rock vocalist (Bang Tango - "Dancin' on Coals").
- Richard Cooper: NFL tackle (NO Saints, Philadelphia Eagles).
- Daran Norris: American actor.
- Vietcong-assault on airport Bien Hoa at Saigon
- Kansas City Chiefs' Len Dawson passes for six touchdowns vs Denver Broncos (49-39).
- George Blanda of Houston Oilers throws NFL-record 37 passes in 68 attempts.
- Mortar fire from North Vietnamese forces rains on the Bien Hoa Air Base, killing four U.S. servicemen, wounding 72, and destroying five B-57 jet bombers and other planes.
- United States presidential election, 1964: Incumbent President Lyndon B. Johnson defeats Republican challenger Barry Goldwater with over 60 percent of the popular vote.
- The Bolivian government of President Víctor Paz Estenssoro is overthrown by a military rebellion led by General Alfredo Ovando Candía, commander-in-chief of the armed forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Hondells - Little Honda
- Roger Miller - Chug-A-Lug
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?