Thursday 1 April 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne [Inez] McCaffrey and Lyndon Brook.
For Heaven's Sake, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1926 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Anne [Inez] McCaffrey: United States -- Sci-fi author (Dragonflight, Dragondrums).
- Lyndon Brook: Actor (Invasion, Reach for the Sky).
- John Scott Martin: English actor (d. 2009).
- Roland Bacri: Algerian-French Pied-Noir journalist and poet who wrote in Algerian slang under the pseudonyms 'Roro de Bab-el-Oued' and 'le petit poète' (The little poet).
- Anne McCaffrey: Irish-American writer whose main interest was science fiction, perhaps best known for her series of over 20 books in the "Dragonriders" series.
- Guy Cabanel: France Writer
- Denis Lalanne: Pau Journalist
- Charles Bressler: American tenor and educator (d. 1996)
- Gérard La Forest: Canadian lawyer and judge
- John Martin: Canadian broadcaster (Born 1947)
- Halsteren Soccer team forms in Halsteren
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue - Gene Austin
- Sleepy Time Gal - Gene Austin
- John McCormack - Just a Cottage Small
- A Cup of Coffee, A Sandwich, and You - Gertrude Lawrence & Jack Buchanan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?