Friday 1 April 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Odie Harris and Dave Vankoughnett.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intercontinental Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1966 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Odie Harris: NFL safety / defensive back (Houston Oilers).
- Dave Vankoughnett: Canadian Football League corner (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Chris Evans: English radio and television host.
- Sharon Hodgson: English accountant and politician.
- Craig Kelly: American snowboarder (Born 1966).
- Mehmet Özdilek: Turkish footballer and manager
- 1st world festival of black art (Dakar Senegal)
- China premier Tsjoe en-Lai starts "Cultural revolution".
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Sure Gonna Miss Her
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?