Tuesday 6 April 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
For Heaven's Sake, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1926 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Ian Paisley: Ian Paisley was a politician and religious leader from Northern Ireland.
- Sergio Franchi: Italian-American singer and actor (d. 1990).
- Gil Kane: Latvian-American author and illustrator (d. 2000).
- Randy Weston: American jazz pianist and composer.
- Giovanni Amendola: Antifascist / editor-in-chief (Il Mondo), dies at 43.
- Stanley Cup: Montl Maroons beat Victoria Cougars (WHL), 3 games to 1
- Varney Airlines makes its first commercial flight (Varney is the root company of United Airlines).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Miami - Al Jolson
- Song of the Vagabonds - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?