Sunday 1 March 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ana Hickmann and Adam LaVorgna.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love A Rainy Night by Eddie Rabbitt.
In UK Vienna by Ultravox was in the top 5 hits.
The Dark Road, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Svetozar Markovic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Make Trax or Oo-Topos.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1981!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1981 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Ana Hickmann: Brazilian supermodel.
- Adam LaVorgna: American actor.
- Malinda Damgaard: Swedish modist.
- Will Power: Australian race car driver.
- Brad Winchester: American ice hockey player.
- Sophisticated Ladies opens at Lunt-Fontanne NYC for 767 performances
- Irish Republican Army Bobby Sand begins hunger strike in Maze Prison
- Bobby Sands, a Provisional Irish Republican Army member, begins a hunger strike for political status in Long Kesh prison (he dies May 5, the first of ten men).
- Sally Little wins LPGA Olympia Gold Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- John Lennon - Woman
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
- Styx - The Best Of Times
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Delbert McClinton - Giving It Up For Your Love
- Dan Fogelberg - Same Old Lang Syne
- ABBA - The Winner Takes It All
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?