Thursday 11 May 1995
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yassi Pressman .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to This Is How We Do It by Montell Jordan.
In UK Unchained Melody / White Cliffs Of Dover by Robson Green & Jerome Flynn was in the top 5 hits.
Braveheart, directed by Mel Gibson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while The Rainmaker by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trailer Park.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baku Baku Animal or Carrier Aces.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1995!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1995 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- In New York City, more than 170 countries decide to extend the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty indefinitely and without conditions.
- Sega of America begins shipping the Saturn video game system in the US. Price is US$399 with the VirtuaFighter game. 30,000 units are available for the initial launch, with ten game titles available.
- The first Electronic Entertainment Expo is held in Los Angeles, over three days. The show takes its name from Electronic Entertainment magazine. 350 game companies show 1300 games for video game systems and personal computers. Total attendance is 28,000. Sony introduces the PlayStation in a US$4 million booth, including an appearance by Michael Jackson.
- More than 170 countries agree to extend the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty indefinitely and without conditions.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?