Wednesday 11 March 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Anders and Paul Wall.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to 9 To 5 by Dolly Parton.
In UK Jealous Guy by Roxy Music was in the top 5 hits.
The Howling, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Riker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Strategy X or Triple Action.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1981!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1981 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- David Anders: American actor.
- Paul Wall: American rapper.
- LeToya Luckett: Pop Singer.
- Heidi Cortez: American businesswoman and author.
- Lee Evans: American football player.
- Luke Johnson: English drummer and songwriter (Lostprophets Beat Union and Amen)
- Russell Lissack: English guitarist (Bloc Party Pin Me Down and Ash)
- Chile constitution takes effect; military dictator Augusto Pinochet is sworn in as President for another 8-year term.
- Johnny Mize and Rube Foster elected to baseball Hall of Fame.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 March 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?