Monday 1 March 1993
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Josh McEachran and Syuusuke Saito.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to A Whole New World by Peabo Bryson & Regina Bell.
In UK No Limit by 2 Unlimited was in the top 5 hits.
Falling Down, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Matrix.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DuckTales 2 or Epic Pinball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1993!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1993 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
Famous Birthdays:01 March
- Luis Kutner: US co-founder (Amnesty International), dies at age 84.
- Authorities in Waco, Texas negotiate with Branch Davidians.
- New expansion NHL team, owned by Disney, is named the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.
- George Steinbenner is reinstated as owner of New York Yankees.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peabo Bryson & Regina Bell - A Whole New World
- Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
- Duran Duran - Ordinary World
- Snow - Informer
- Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But A G Thang
- Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman
- Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal
- Naughty By Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
- Jade - Don't Walk Away
- Bon Jovi - Bed Of Roses
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?