Wednesday 17 March 1993, St. Patrick's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julia Winter and Alexa Dowd.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Informer by Snow.
In UK Oh Carolina by Shaggy was in the top 5 hits.
Fire in the Sky, directed by Robert Lieberman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I, Lovett.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: The Animated Series or Bloodstone: An Epic Dwarven Tale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1993!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1993 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:17 March
- 86 killed by bomb attack in Calcutta, India.
- The PKK announces a unilateral ceasefire in Iraq.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?