Sunday 1 November 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Platinum Blonde, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1931!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1931 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Yossef Gutfreund: Israeli wrestler and coach (d. 1972).
- Chosuke Ikariya: Japanese bass player and actor (The Drifters) (d. 2004).
- Shunsuke Kikuchi: Japanese composer.
- Arne Pedersen: Norwegian footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Dupont introduces synthetic rubber
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?