Thursday 1 October 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reginald Hall and Silvano Bussotti.
Monkey Business, directed by Norman McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1931!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1931 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Reginald Hall: Endocrinologist.
- Silvano Bussotti: Italian musician, composer of contemporary music and opera librettos, and illustrator.
- Jacques Fihey: French clergyman, the Bishop Emeritus of Coutances and Avranches.
- Michel Jantzen: French architect but of himself he says: "I do not consider myself an architect, but rather an artist and inventor who often uses architecture as an art form.
- Sylvano Bussotti: Italian violinist and composer.
- Spanish Cortes accept general female suffrage
- The George Washington Bridge linking New Jersey and New York opens.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?