Wednesday 1 November 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Donovan and Magne Furuholmen.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Runaround Sue by Dion.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
The Comancheros, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching KVN - Klub Veselikh i Nanodchivikh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1961!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1961 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Anne Donovan: Ridgewood, New Jersey -- Basketball player (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Magne Furuholmen: Oslo, Norway -- Keyboardist / vocalist (Aha-Take on Me).
- Louise Boije af Gennas: Swedish writer and novelist.
- Louise Gennäs: Swedish author and screenwriter.
- Nicky Grist: Welsh race car driver.
- Calvin Johnson: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Beat Happening Dub Narcotic Sound System The Microphones Cool Rays and The Go Team)
- Kim Krizan: California, United States -- Writer / actress (Slacker, Dazed & Confused)
- 50,000 women in 60 cities participate in the inaugural Women Strike for Peace (WSP) against nuclear proliferation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?