Monday 1 October 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Lorne Campbell and Albert Cavens.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1906 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- John Lorne Campbell: Folklorist.
- Albert Cavens: Belgian-born American silent film child actor, who moved to the United States soon after birth and began his career aged eight in a number of films in 1914, including "The Town of Nazareth," also starring Charlotte Burton.
- S Burman: Bangladeshi-Indian singer-songwriter (d. 1975).
- Hugh Jennings resigns as Baltimore Manager to take over at Detroit in 1907
- The Grand Duchy of Finland becomes the first nation to include the right of women to stand as candidates when it adopts universal suffrage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good Old U.S.A. - J.W. Myers
- The Belle of the Ball - Frank Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?