Tuesday 1 October 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Balett ur op. Mignon/Jössehäradspolska, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1907!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1907 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Hiram Fong: (Senator-California).
- Marie Rudel: Etréchy Writer.
- Ödön Pártos: Hungarian-Israeli viola player and composer (d. 1977).
- Barbara Morrison: Weston-Super-Mare, England -- Actress (Project Moonbase).
- Oedoen Partos: Composer.
- Maurice Bardèche: French essayist, literary and art critic, journalist, and one of the leading exponents of neo-fascism in post–World War II Europe. Bardèche also became a leading Holocaust denier and wrote extensively on the subject in his later life. Bardèche was also the brother-in-law of the collaborationist Robert Brasillach, executed after the liberation. He died on 30 July 1998.
- Odon Partos: Hungarian-born Israeli violist and composer (d. 1977)
- Plaza Hotel (5th Av & 59th Str, NY) opens
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Won't You be My Honey? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Billy Murray
- Harrigan - Edward Meeker
- I'm Tying the Leaves So They Won't Come Down - Byron G. Harlan
- In the Good Old Steamboat Days - Murry K. Hill
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 October 1907 and get them!