Saturday 1 September 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Ghosts in a Chinese Laundry, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1900 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Andrei Vlasov: Russian General (Red Army, Wehrmacht).
- Kazimierz Wilkomirski: Composer.
- Richard Arlen: Virginia, United States -- Actor (Alice in Wonderland, Crawling Hand).
- Andre Dhotel: France Writer.
- André Dhôtel: French author, poet, playwright, and literary critic, best-known for his novel, "Le Pays où l'on n'arrive jamais" ("The Country That Never Arrives"), published in 1955.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- San Francisco Sadie - Dan Quinn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 September 1900 and get them!