Thursday 1 September 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Under Capricorn, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1949!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1949 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- PA Sangma: Indian politician.
- Catherine Guy-Quint: French politician, a Member of the European Parliament for central France.
- Hew Strachan: Sir Hew Strachan is a Scottish military historian, well known for his work on the administration of the British Army and the history of the First World War.
- Leslie Feinberg: American activist and author (d. 2014).
- Garry Maddox: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Alasdair McDonnell: Irish physician and politician
- P Sangma: Indian lawyer and politician 11th Speaker of the Lok Sabha
- 1st network detective series-Private Eyes-premieres
- KMTV TV channel 3 in Omaha, NB (CBS / NBC) begins broadcasting
- Viljo Heino runs world record 10k (29:27.2)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?