Friday 1 September 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1967 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- David Whissell: Canadian engineer and politician.
- KMNE TV channel 7 in Bassett, NB (PBS) begins broadcasting
- San Francisco Giants beat Cincinnati Reds, 1-0, in 21 innings
- WIRT TV channel 13 in Hibbing, MN (ABC) begins broadcasting
- WJRJ (WTCG, WTBS) TV channel 17 in Atlanta, Georgia (IND) begins
- Ilse Koch, also known as the quotWitch of Buchenwaldquot, commits suicide in the Bavarian prison of Aichach.
- Nguyen Van Thieu is elected President of South Vietnam.
- H-Day in Sweden: At 5:00nbspa.m. local time, all traffic in the country switches from left-hand traffic pattern to right-hand traffic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?