Wednesday 2 April 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1969!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1969 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
Famous Birthdays:02 April
- Fortunio Bonanova: Actor (My Best Gal, Havana Rose), dies at 74.
- Milwaukee Bucks sign Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Classics IV - Traces
- David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?