Tuesday 2 April 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Congratulations by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Hour of the Wolf, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1968 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 April
- Beatles form Python Music Ltd
- Senator E Mccarthy wins Democratic primaries in Wisconsin
- Chad creates Union of Central African States.
- Senator Eugene McCarthy wins Democratic primary in Wisconsin.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Monkees - Valleri
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?