Friday 25 April 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK The Israelites by Desmond Dekker & The Aces was in the top 5 hits.
Teorema, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1969!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1969 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Jon Olsen: United States -- 100m freestyle / 400m / 800m medley (1992, 96 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Gina Torres: American actress.
- Renee Zellweger: American actress.
- Vanessa Beecroft: Italian contemporary artist.
- Joe Buck: American sportscaster.
- Martin Koolhoven: Dutch director and screenwriter
- Darren Woodson: American football player and sportscaster
- Travis Fryman in Lexington: Kentucky, USA; infielder (Detroit Tigers).
- Marisa Pedulla in Bellefonte: Pennsylvania, USA; half-lightweight judoka (Olympics-1996).
- Jon Olsen American 100 metre freestyle/400 metre/800 metre medley (Olympics-gold-1992: 1996).
- Renée Zellweger: American Oscar-winning actress whose her big Hollywood break-through was the romantic interest in "Jerry Maguire," a 1996 movie starring Tom Cruise. Her 2001 performance as Bridget Jones in "Bridget Jones's Diary" earned her an Academy Award nomination, with another nod from the Academy for her role in the film adaptation of the musical "Chicago" in 2002. An Oscar for Best Supporting Actress was finally given to her for her scene-stealing portrayal of Ruby Thawes in "Cold Mountain" (2003).
- Margarita Xirgu: Spanish stage actress, who was greatly popular throughout her country and Latin America.
- BBC Radio serial Dales 5,400th and last episode
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- The Cowsills - Hair
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Edwin Starr - Twenty-Five Miles
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- Booker T. & The M.G.'s - Time Is Tight
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Sweet Cherry Wine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?