Sunday 13 April 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heidi Goossens and Stephen Heywood.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK The Israelites by Desmond Dekker & The Aces was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1969!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1969 ?
- Heidi Goossens: Dutch pro judo contender who placed 18th thru 21st in the less than 2 kg.
- Stephen Heywood: American carpenter and craftsman diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) at age 29.
- Dirk Muschiol: German footballer.
- 33rd Golf Masters Championship: George Archer wins, shooting a 281.
- Queensland: The Brisbane Tramways end service after 84 years of operation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 April 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- The Cowsills - Hair
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
- Edwin Starr - Twenty-Five Miles
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?