Friday 4 April 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Prater and Peter Vaughan.
Il figlio di Madame Sans Gêne, directed by Baldassare Negroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1924 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Christopher Prater: Screen printer.
- Peter Vaughan: Actor (Haunted Honeymoon, Die Die My Darling).
- Eva Marie Saint in Newark: New Jersey, USA; actress (Sandpiper, Loving, Exodus).
- Gil Hodges: American baseball player and manager who was the slugging star of the outstanding teams assembled by the Brooklyn Dodgers between 1947-1957.
- Bob Christie: American racing driver (d. 2009).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 April 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Will Never Miss Your Mother Until She is Gone - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Take, Oh Take, Those Lips Away - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Dream Daddy - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?