Sunday 5 October 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ricardo Hoffmann and Stephanie Cole.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1941 ?
- Ricardo Hoffmann: marathon swimmer (299 miles).
- Stephanie Cole: British actress who gained national attention in 1981 with the 30 episode TV dramatic series "Tenko" 10/20/1981 to 12/16/1984 about the Japanese POW camp for women.
- Eduardo Duhalde: Argentine politician, lawyer and professor of public law, who also was President of Argentina from 2002 to 2003.
- Roy Binder: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Louis D Brandeis: first Jewish US Supreme Court Justice, dies at age 84.
- Mickey Owens drops a third strike, Tom Hendrick reaches first safely, would have been the last out, instead New York Yankees score 4 and win 7-4.
- Soviet Premier Josef Stalin receives a radio message from spy Richard Sorge in Tokyo, Japan, that Japan would go to war with the United States soon. Stalin orders twelve divisions (1700 tanks, 1500 planes, 2,500,000 men) from eastern Siberia and Outer Mongolia to come to the defense of Moscow.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?