Wednesday 6 August 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Debi Nova and Danny Collins.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Magic by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Xanadu by Olivia Newton-John & Electric Light Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Xanadu, directed by Robert Greenwald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B-1 Nuclear Bomber or Network.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1980!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1980 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Debi Nova: World Music Singer.
- Danny Collins: English-Welsh footballer.
- Monique Ganderton: Canadian actress and stuntwoman.
- András Horváth: Hungarian footballer.
- Charles McCarthy: American mixed martial artist.
- Wilber Pan: American-Taiwanese singer-songwriter and actor
- Seneca Wallace: American football player
- Roman Weidenfeller: German footballer
- Charles Urbanus: Dutch baseball player, dies at 66.
- University administration declares 5 Pac-10 schools ineligible for conference titles and post-season play due to transcript and curriculum abuses
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- The Manhattans - Shining Star
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Spinners - Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time (Medley)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?