Tuesday 6 August 1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Wannabe by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Matilda, directed by Danny DeVito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while How to Kill a Monster by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1996!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1996 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Famous Birthdays:06 August
- NASA announces that the ALH 84001 meteorite, thought to originate from Mars, contains evidence of primitive life-forms.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Alanis Morissette - You Learn
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?