Wednesday 6 December 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
A Blind Bargain, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1922 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Guy Thys: Belgian football coach (Born 1922).
- Edna Rowland: American astrologer and author of "How to Order Your Birth Certificate," 1990 and "Destined for Murder," 1995.
- John Brunt: English captain Victoria Cross recipient (d. 1944).
- Benjamin Gilman: American soldier and politician.
- John Henry Cound Brunt: English soldier, Victoria Cross holder (d. 1944).
- Benjamin A Gilman: American politician
- 1st constitution of Irish Free State comes into operation
- 1st electric power line commercial carrier in US, Utica, New York
- One year to the day after the signing of the Anglo-Irish Treaty, the Irish Free State comes into existence.
- The Irish Free State officially comes into existence. George V becomes the Free State's monarch. Tim Healy is appointed first Governor-General of the Irish Free State and W. T. Cosgrave becomes President of the Executive Council.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1922?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 December 1922 and get them!