Wednesday 6 December 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Henry Cound Brunt and Benjamin A Gilman.
A Blind Bargain, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1922 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- John Henry Cound Brunt: English soldier, Victoria Cross holder (d. 1944).
- Benjamin A Gilman: American politician.
- Edna Rowland: American astrologer and author of "How to Order Your Birth Certificate," 1990 and "Destined for Murder," 1995.
- Guy Thys: Belgian football coach (Born 1922).
- John Brunt: English captain Victoria Cross recipient (d. 1944).
- Benjamin Gilman: American soldier and politician
- 1st constitution of Irish Free State comes into operation
- 1st electric power line commercial carrier in US, Utica, New York
- One year to the day after the signing of the Anglo-Irish Treaty, the Irish Free State comes into existence.
- The Irish Free State officially comes into existence. George V becomes the Free State's monarch. Tim Healy is appointed first Governor-General of the Irish Free State and W. T. Cosgrave becomes President of the Executive Council.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?