Friday 6 December 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Santa Fe Trail, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1940 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Steve Alaimo in Rochester: New York, USA; rocker (Mashed Potatoes).
- Lawrence Bergman: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Richard Edlund: American visual effects designer and cinematographer.
- Fred Goldman: American father of Ronald Goldman.
- Gestapo arrest German resistance fighter / poster artist Helen Ernst
- Pietro Badoglio resigns as viceroy of Ethiopia.
- British submarine is sunk near Taranto.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Five O'Clock Whistle - Ella Fitzgerald
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?